Homemade granola is one of my go-to, all-time favorite recipes to make! It's one of those things I have been making on a weekly basis for years now. This granola is quick and easy to make, naturally sweetened with maple syrup, and always so tasty and delicious! You can switch up the ingredients and add-ins, so you'll never get sick of it. I love adding granola on top of my smoothie or yogurt bowls for the perfect crunch or just eating it by the handful for a satisfying snack!
As a dietitian, I value the importance of knowing what ingredients go into my food. Unfortunately, store-bought granola can be highly processed and loaded with refined sugars and additives. I highly recommend making this healthier version at home, so you know exactly what’s goes into it and you can add all the flavors that you love!
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make your very own homemade granola-nothing fancy is required. Grab the following, and you’re ready to go!
Healthy Homemade Granola
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes Cook Time: 20-24 minutes
• 4 cups rolled oats
• 1 1/2 cups nuts or seeds (if using nuts such as almonds, I prefer slivered or crushed)
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
• 1/3 cup maple syrup
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• optional add-ins: 1/2 cup shredded coconut, goji berries, or dried fruit Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine all dry ingredients except the shredded coconut in a large bowl, then mix in wet ingredients.
3. Spread mixture in an even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
4. Bake for 20-24 minutes until golden brown, tossing granola halfway through cooking. *Note: If you like your coconut toasted, sprinkle in halfway through cooking.
5. Let cool completely before serving and add in any optional add-ins desired.
6. Store in an airtight container on your kitchen counter.