This comforting, nourishing breakfast tastes like fall in a bowl with the combination of pumpkin, warm apples, and cinnamon! I am also a huge fan of adding cauliflower rice to sneak some veggies in first thing in the morning and to boost your fiber and micronutrient intake! Packed with complex carbs, protein, fiber, and healthy fats for a well-balanced and satisfying breakfast.
Some of the many health benefits of pumpkin include vitamins (such as Vitamin A, C, E, and Folate), antioxidants, and fiber to keep you energized, boost immunity, and even protect your eyesight. Oatmeal and apples are a particularly good source of soluble fiber, which has numerous health benefits, including helping to reduce cholesterol, manage blood sugar levels, promote healthy gut bacteria, and increases feelings of fullness.
Not only is this recipe incredibly nutritious, it is absolutely delicious.
Pumpkin Apple Cinnamon Cauli Oats
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10-15minutes
Oatmeal: ½ cup rolled oats
½-¾ cup frozen cauliflower rice
¾ cup unsweetened nut milk
Dash of Cinnamon
Dash of Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 scoop collagen peptides (unflavored, optional)
2 heaping Tbsp canned pumpkin
1 Tbsp ground flax or chia seeds
Optional: 1 tsp honey or maple syrup or 1 packet stevia or monk fruit
1 small or ½ large apple, diced
1 tsp coconut oilToppings (optional)
1 Tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
Shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Add oatmeal, riced cauliflower, and nut milk to small pan and cook on stovetop over medium heat until most of liquid is absorbed.
2. Add remainder of oatmeal ingredients and continue cooking until desired consistency, stirring frequently. Add more nut milk if necessary.
4. Meanwhile, heat coconut oil over medium heat in a cast iron skillet or pan.
5. Add diced apple and a few shakes of cinnamon and cook until apples are softened, stirring occasionally.
6. Once oatmeal mixture has thickened up, turn off heat.
7. Top oats with sautéed apples, nut butter, shredded coconut and/or goji berries if desired